Monday, May 12, 2008

dish week, two months later...

so i am a little late. i took the pictures on time (well, not really, i think it was on the saturday after it started. oh well), but i never got around to blogging about them. so here goes. probably won't be a week either. my dishes aren't that interesting.


first off, we have my pride and joy. the spice rack. with jars from a microbiology lab that was trying to get rid of them. i happily took them off their hands. unfortunately when we moved here (and 7 hours away from my old lab) i knocked the rack off a couple of times. and spices flew everywhere. and i sneezed. and mallory cried. and we ate out for dinner because the stench of spices was so overpowering that i couldn't handle it. oh and the labels are made of lab tape. i used to have fun naming my buffers on that lab tape. I was supposed to label the buffers with proper names like buffer A or buffer M (for the protein i was working on.) but i had to embellish. like the magical buffer M or the mysterious buffer M. My favorites were with buffers that had arginine which was abbreviated arg. who could resist that? so of course I named that buffer the pirate buffer. then there was the super pirate buffer which had enormous quantities of arginine in it so no protein would fall out of solution. though mine sure liked to try. anyway.
yes i am a nerd. in more ways than one.

and sadly, i am a little proud of be a nerd. i should make a badge.

anyway.

a friend gave this to me in college. and i had it out. so i took its picture.


on the left are glasses from my grandma larsen. i am the youngest daughter of the youngest daughter of the youngest daughter. so i got the cups. and we rarely drink out of them so they don't get broken.

and on the right, we find beakers. some roommates from college gave them to me for my birthday. one of the best presents ever. i don't know what happened to the picture of my erlenmeyer flask, but yes, there is one of those kicking around my kitchen as well.



here's our plates. they are from doug's grandmother. i like them. doug likes them. so we probably will have them till the kids break them into tiny little pieces. which mallory has already done to two.

sometime later i will have to post the glasses i want the kids to break so i can get out my canning jar mugs...

but no, we don't have fine china. we have too many bulls running around loose.

and i would rather have labware.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: